Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Bags Packed for a New Adventure

Dear Family and Friends,

We have been in Cuenca for a good solid three months.  We were here for Cuenca's Independence Day, and the Christmas season, which is always a great time to be in Cuenca.

We had a wonderful visit with our daughter and grandson over Christmas and at the moment, our friends, Karen and Randy are staying with us, while they are here in Ecuador, closing out things for their hiatus back in the United States. 

We are leaving this Thursday morning, and will be traveling until the first week of March.

First, we are traveling to Tucson, Arizona to visit family.  In fact we will be participating in a small family reunion of Chuck's siblings and their spouses.  We also hope to meet up with some of our expat family, that now live in Arizona.  Clarke and Brenda, and Bruce and Charlie live nearby.

The first of February, Chuck and I are off on what is probably our most adventurous trip yet.  We are going to India for a month.  We (clarification: I) have been reluctant to tackle this country in the past.  We have heard great things and some pretty awful things about visiting in India.  We know that if we want to see India we need to see it now while we are healthy and mobile.

We are not brave enough to do this country on our own.  We booked two back to back tours through Gate 1 travel.  Gate 1 is the tour company we used for our trip to China.  The China trip turned out so great we decided to use them in India.  The first half of the month we will be touring northern India.  When that tour is over, since we are already in India, we will fly to southern India and tour there.

I will be taking my laptop as far as Arizona and will post to the blog while we are there.  My laptop will stay in Arizona while we are on our India trip, so I will have to wait until we return before I start posting pictures and the narratives.  

I can post some pictures to Instagram and Facebook from my tablet while we are traveling.

We are very excited as the first of our 2018 adventures is approaching.  

Here is Chuck tending the garden before we head out.


I offered to help, but he told me to stick to posting on the blog.  


Love,
Nancy
 


4 comments:

  1. I am loving your blog! I hope you stick to posting, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, Thank you so much. As long as I can keep my mind, I hope to post. To be truthful, I enjoy posting about our travels more than posting about life in Cuenca. I think I have exhausted things to post about in Cuenca, but when we travel everything is new and exciting, which makes it more fun to post.

      Delete
  2. Well, I'm looking forward to reading all about it. And no speeding on that vacuum cleaner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter, What is a witch to do if she can't find her broom?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.